The Workplace Product Team is looking for a Product Designer to join our group. You will work with the Product and UXD teams to identify ways we can improve our Financial Wellness tools to help individuals achieve their financial goals. Our mission is to help individuals create a foundation of wellness so they can reach financial goals like retiring comfortably, saving for a house, and paying down debt.
Morningstar is looking for a highly motivated product designer who is passionate about human-centered design, user experience, data visualization, and typography. You’ll help evolve the financial wellness web and mobile applications by using a range of skills from visual design, interaction design, and UX design to build awesome experiences for the end user. We need a designer who loves the challenge of turning complex data into thoughtful and compelling designs. If you have great design skills and want to help build meaningful products, we’d like to know more about you. Product designers at Morningstar are familiar with multiple design disciplines and with the design language of how digital products work today.
- Communicate Product solutions to multiple development teams through prototypes, detailed specifications and similar types of communication documents.
- Sketch and present UX concepts and behaviors with paper sketches, wireframes, task/workflows, simple working prototypes, or best form that communicates your ideas.
- Approach design decisions as hypotheses, and leverage data to measure and learn how those decisions effect product outcomes.
- Thrive in an agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience.
- Create beautiful and meaningful infographics and data visualizations.
- Design on brand, end-to-end experiences for new and existing products.
- Work in a cross-disciplinary environment and interact with the marketing team, product teams, and developers throughout the company.
- A passion for design and problem solving.
- Knowledge of interactive design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision.
- Good understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Good understanding of design fundamentals: color theory, typography, hierarchy, and other ui considerations.
- Detail oriented, organized, and multi-skilled in various aspects of Design (design thinking, user research, information architecture, visual design, writing, and experience design).
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build products for users.
- Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism.
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a thoughtful approach and attention to detail.
- A degree in Design or related is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related design experience.
Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply for this position here.