If you’re new to couponing, or just don’t have time to clip before you head to the grocery store, skip the paper and save money on the spot with mobile coupon apps. Here are a few we like:
- Coupon Sherpa: Free (at least for now) this app uses your phone’s GPS to generate coupons on the spot. A great option if you’re not in the habit of planning before you head to the grocery store.
- Scout Mob: Another location-based coupon app, focused on restaurants, bars and coffee shops and now in the process of expanding to new cities. Check out their local trivia option!
- Yowza!!: Uses your phone’s GPS to generate a list of coupons for businesses of all kinds within 50 miles, provides push notifications of new deals, and allows you to track your savings.
- Cellfire: Allows you to add coupons to your grocery store loyalty card, so you can use them even if you don’t get cell phone service in the store.
- LivingSocial: Uses your location to provide deals for instant use at bars and restaurants. Includes a ticker to show how much time you have left!
Go forth and save! Let us know which apps are best. And for when you have more time and are sitting in front of a computer, be sure to check out our roundup of useful couponing sites.