There are lots of exciting things happening at HelloWallet and we’re growing our team to help us capitalize on all these opportunities. Make sure to head over to our jobs page to check out the open positions.
One open position we wanted to specifically call out is Senior UX Designer. The position description is below. If you’re interested or know someone interested, make sure you submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior UX Designer in the subject line.
Do you make complicated stuff dead simple? Do you have a portfolio full of user interfaces that are fun and easy to use?
We’re expanding our product team and need a Senior UX Designer. This position reports to the VP, Product, and will be responsible for working closely with the Art Director and front-end engineers to craft the experience design for HelloWallet’s expanding suite of products.
HelloWallet was created to boost the wealth of workers by democratizing access to honest, high-quality financial guidance – something only 20 percent of Americans have access to today. By utilizing powerful new technology, new findings from behavioral economics, and a network of partnerships with industry experts, HelloWallet is able to offer high-quality, individualized financial advice to help people in all life stages and circumstances get and stay on the road to financial wellness.
What you’ll do
- Help figure out how our web, mobile, email alerts, etc. should all work together to create a great experience
- Make gnarly financial stuff simple, approachable and fun
- See what our users think, working with our crack research team to structure, create and implement user testing
- Keep an eye on competitors, and stay up-to-date on best of class UX solutions across the landscape of web and mobile products
- Champion user-centered product design within the organization
What you’ll need to be successful
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in UX
- A portfolio demonstrating clean, innovative, stylish and usable designs
- Extensive command of user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills
- Ability to crank out excellent wireframes, mockups, prototypes using a range of tools and technologies
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, SVG and graphic design
- Ability work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Scrum / Agile
- Sense of humor
- Startup experience (a plus but not required)
- Wicked ping-pong skills (optional, but potentially useful)
- Full benefits package with competitive salary
- Exciting, fun, and entrepreneurial work environment
- The opportunity to empower millions of U.S. consumers to understand and manage their financial lives
- Free Gym Membership (inc. indoor rock climbing, racquetball, squash, swimming, indoor basketball, running track and typical gym machines/weights)
- Free Friday Lunches
- Free Time for Pet Projects
We’re in downtown DC. We pay competitive rates and have a damn good time. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Senior UX Designer in the subject line.